Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando R View Post
    This morning, upon opening Flashprint (version 3.12.0 64bits), I got an "new update available" window. I downloaded, updated w/ v3.13.0 and OOOPS!
    EVERY file I tried to slice ended up in a -very informative - "Something went wrong during slicing" message. This happened not only w/ new stl files, but also w/ previous stls (that v3.12.0 had sliced OK) and even w/ saved fpp ones.
    Of course, trying to revert to the previous version by overwriting is not possible (you end up in "a more recent version is already installed" message), so I had to uninstall from control panel and reinstall from scratch.
    Fortunately, previously stored user-printing profiles must be saved in some other directory (could'nt find where, if someone knows where these are stored please let me know to back them up, just in case) because they showed up normally (loosing that would have been a real PIA)
    Since no release notes are included (just that should have be deterrent enough) I can't judge what I/we could be missing but for me, an occasional buggy slice is better than no slice at all...
    Happy printing!
    I have the release notes from FF in case you're interested. Try disabling the cooling fan at a set height option on your prints (if you have it on). This was a bug I identified that completely stopped slicing from working in FP 3.13.0. I reverted to 3.12 as a result of said bug. Hope that helps?

Thank you for your response. But no, the cooling fan was off -at least in most models, I only use it for those with fine details-, so it must have been something else.
    Anyway, looking at the release notes (that weren't available when I posted, but thanks for offering) I don't see any overwhelming reason for migrating. I'll wait at least for 3.13.1... (a lesson I learned a long, long time ago -I started fumbling w/ PC's in the late 70's, on a Motorola EXORciser; Apple IIs didn't even exist yet- AVOID .0 software releases! )