Close

Thread: Simplify3D

Hybrid View

Student
    Follow NoahSH On Twitter Add NoahSH on Shapeways Add NoahSH on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ssayer View Post
    I just wish that Simplify3D had a time, or use, limited trial version. It may very well be a good program, but I'm not going to shell out that kind of money just to find out it doesn't do much more for me than Cura or even Makerware, especially since I've read a number of posts here and there with people posting that they have issues with it or that they really don't see much improvement over slicers that they get for free. It might just be the learning curve, but... it's a lot of green to have to toss in the dumpster if it doesn't do anything more for me...
    Guess its not for you then. I love it and my business would not be as successful if I didn't spend the $140 or whatever it was to get it. If Cura is like an apple II then Simplify3D is like a new Macbook Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahSH View Post
    Guess its not for you then. I love it and my business would not be as successful if I didn't spend the $140 or whatever it was to get it. If Cura is like an apple II then Simplify3D is like a new Macbook Pro.
    Wow, you pulled that quote from last December. I've owned it for quite some time now (and have posted as much in this thread)...