3dprinting is expanding fast in UK schools. Last year the 3dprintshow ran an education day where if schools took a group of 30 kids then they were awarded a free 3dprinter, they had over 2000 kids attend so lots of schools got a printer(a friend of mine who teachers got a makerbot). I am a teacher of Technology myself full time and have a 3dprinter in my classroom. Also there is a new curriculum released by the government in september that states all pupils have to learn about CAD and 'new emerging technologies'. 3Dprinting basically ticks this box. In addition as well there has been a organisation set up called teach design who provide free printers for schools who in return will educate other local teachers about 3dprinting. If those local schools can't afford their own printer then they can have access to the teach design school printers free of charge. Its really positive at the moment. I know on teacher facebook groups (they are pretty popular in the UK are hot with 3dprinting talk right now and I think it will only be a few more years until all schools here in the UK have printers.