Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

One other subtle point:

Some printers have heated beds, some do not. On a heated bed printer, the properly heated area is what sets the size of the build platform. On a printer with an unheated bed, the size is a bit more arbitrary. Comparing a heated bed to an unheated bed may leave out the "what if I don't heat the heated bed printer?" option. In the case of the printer in front of me, the bed would go from 12x 12 to roughly 13.5 x 13.5. I feel that having a heated bed is a needed thing on a printer. Some manufacturers don't seem to agree.

The same issues that make a Delta print a cone, also mean that it actually prints something other than a circle at the base. It is possible to have an odd looking print area on a Delta and get a bit more "area". The obvious question is how useful that area is.

Bob
Very true and Delta printers don't do straight lines all that well since it is having to interpolate what a straight line is, unlike a Cartesian printer. You can see this on the prints with long walls as it has a sort of moire pattern to it due to that.