Close

Current Project: Qudrocopter printed on Prusa i3

Hey,
    actually I am printing and bulding the Crossfire Mini Qudrocopter vom Thingiverse. If you are interested in a build thread follow this link.

Sorry, it is in german. Just have a look at the pictures, I will update that project from time to time. A lot of electronnical Equippment is on the way...

Kind regards
    Manu

Engineer
    Hey Manu, awesome. You should post any pictures you have here since many will not sign up to that forum to view them since it's in German. By the way i translated the main post from you. Hope you don't mind. I will be following along. How long do you expect to take to complete it?

Hi Everybody.
    I never had my times to buy a Multikopter ambitions. After I got up myself a Prusa i3-printer in the winter, I'm looking again for beautiful objects and projects that you can implement it. Even though I like to own the CAD seats - this time I have just finished a project of Thingiverse printed: the scaled-down version of Crossfire quadrocopter. My print area measures approximately 185 x 185mm, which has led me in the search for the slightly shorter version. Should be printed only in PLA - I get for lack of heating chamber warping of ABS for large parts (yet) in the handle.

I started with the pressure of the arms at 190 degrees, 40mm / s, 30% infill, 0.2 mm layer . Yellow will be times ahead. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395744930.219050.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395744982.977004.jpg The weight of the arm is 39 grams. The print time is exactly 4:17 (h: mm). Next, then the lower and upper part with 15% infill, each at 30g. The frame is thus at approximately 220g, the diagonal at just 40cm. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395745211.790908.jpg I then played around a bit eCalc times with the calculation tool, which is releasing a couple of HK components. In addition, the UAV should be with my existing 3s2500mAh to fly mini protos batteries. My setup: KK 2.1.5 FCB, 4x 750KV motors from HK, 4x 30A BL controller, 10 x 5 propeller, RX802 as a receiver for my Devo 8s. To be continued ...

UUps, sorry you are absolutely right: I forgot that you have to sign in to see any picture! I will post some pic soon!
    Manu

Hi,
    as I promised:
    Foto 1.JPG
    The weight of one arm is 39g
    Foto 2.jpg
    four arms, yellow will be the front of the Quad!
    Foto 3.jpg
    Quad with the motors. I have to wait for the FC Board, I ordered it from Hobbyking, int. Warehouse....weeks are nothing...

Manu

Hi,
    small update. Today I installed the connection Board
    IMG_3794.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg

Total weight is about 700g now...

Have a nice evening
    Manu

Looks very sharp! I was going to print one of these but, frankly, I break too many stock legs on my F450 that i was afraid these might not be as strong?

Maybe you´re right... The best is - I am able to print my spareparts... I do fly helicopters since years. Due to safety reasons, I would never use printed parts for them...
    Project: I installed the Devo RX802 and tested the props: 10" x 0,5". Ca. 30mm distance between the leaf tips - is that enough? I´ll post a picture later.

Manu