Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Ahh I see what you mean about the offset, ah well , it's not like you need to adjust it often and as you said, you are getting handing taking them off. It's only a couple of screws really isnt it for an extruder, im glad they made it as basically constructed as they did, makes my simple brain work much less harder.
Just for interest, this is the procedure I used to align the extruders.
First - align the bed CAREFULLY with the one extruder this is an extreemly important step and must produce a good result.
Second - using the information on previous posts release the higher of the two extruder tubes.
Third - use the baseplate to level between the extruder tips (I used a thin metal foil on the base to act as a reflector to help to see when the hights were the same).
Forth - with the base still in place screw the nozzle in place.
Fifth - screwing the nozzle up (tightening) can cause the nozzle to change hight so check again for both nozzles in contact with the base.
Sixth - reassemble the extruder and re-check.

now when you level the base next time be sure to check the hight on both extruders at each step. There is an advantage with dual extruders, it is easier to set the bed level as both extruders have to just clear your paper at each step; any tilt will jam one extruder or the other causing the paper to pivot round that nozzle.
Hope this helps others. Regards, Paul.