Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    I'm not trying to argue with you either, I just don't see how someone representing Hyrel3D would think a suggestion like using even the thinnest layer height possible would help print phone cases and everything else mentioned above at good enough quality for selling. I know you replied suggesting to use thinner layers if I don't want ugly lines, but you're next suggestion (which is the same suggestion) quotes me saying people won't buy something looking so "unfinished".

And yes I know a layer height like that would cause a very long print. Which btw is another reason your suggestion to use thinner layers isn't a good one in my opinion, but since it's not that big of a deal if you're printing a mold I decided not to mention it.

As for your photos, thanks for posting them. I didn't know Hyrel could go lower than 50 microns. Looking at the image of the 25 print, I don't see lines, which is very good. But then again I see other impurities on the surface (not talking about the part which you say has been fixed). I'm sure others will agree they see them as well and they wouldn't buy a figurine, phone case, etc looking like that.
    Maybe it's just the image compression, filament quality or something else though. So please post better pictures when you can. Right now you haven't convinced me that the print can be "high enough quality to sell to others" as someone else said above, just proven that lines can be eliminated for the naked eye at lower layer height prints.

Actually, if Hyrel or similar company sells some printed samples so people can see and feel the print quality themselves I'd buy that.
    Last edited by cipher0; 04-14-2014 at 10:11 AM.