Quote Originally Posted by steadcraft View Post
If you didn't notice, Big Bad News was a fundraising video. There was even an attached survey describing crowdfunding choices.

This is why I say that I would like to see it print an actual 3D model: http://diffendaffer.com/peachy-print...-2-5d-printer/

If you can link me to a time lapse that shows the whole device in action as well as quality photos of the print object I'd be very interested.

I've said it before and I'll say again that I believed in Peachy--I think it's a cool idea. I'd like to see it succeed. I've watched them raise a lot of funding after so much of their money disappeared. I'd like to see those mistakes avoided in the future.
Again to clarify my position. I'm not criticizing the Peachy because it is not a B9 Creator or something. I never expected that. I knew we might get stuck with a 2.5D printer and I figured at least that was a step up from 2D. It sounds like there has been a ton of development and I have been excited for some time to see it actually produce some of the more complex (if not perfect) prints we have seen published from Peachy. All i've seen of the good stuff though is edited enough that I can't really tell what is going on.
Basically, all of the updates we have seen are easily viewed as fundraising videos in light of the explanation we have seen of finances. Considering that Peachy really needs community buy in now, it is hard to see the "uncut video" otherwise. If Rylan would just post a video of the V1 printing a 3D model of a standard benchmark print I might feel differently. He can explain exactly what pains he took to calibrate it, how we might improve on the design, exactly how it works in concert with software, and then let it print. Then he doesn't have to explain how well it prints or where the failures are. Just let us all see for ourselves.
I'm not here to criticize the printer in its state of development. I just want to see clearly what that is because it is obvious that this project needs a lot more money and effort to come to completion. I'm just asking for transparency.