Close

Thread: Diy it?

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Chayat View Post
    Well now it's all on github who is considering trying to build a peachy from parts themselves?

Ive got a lasercutter so I'm atleast going to be making some of those parts.
    I don't have a lasercutter, but none of the support structure type stuff should really require it. We can probably do most of that with a extrusion printer (which I have access to at the local makerspace). Why don't we use this thread to coordinate our efforts, maybe setup a wiki so others who come along don't have to redo what we're doing.

There's a lot there on github, so do you guys know what is what? I'd like to take a look at some of the CAD work, if possible. Adapt it to be 3d printed. I should be able to merge what are designed to be snap-fitted into one solid piece. Also, we should start documenting where to source things like the laser from.

@rylangrayston can you arrange to sell just the unpopulated PCBs and maybe that huge sheet of coils, and/or possibly the mirrors: basically the stuff that seems can't be gotten just off the shelf? It seems to me that wouldn't be classified as a laser power supply, and therefor would no longer require the certification. You've got them and don't need them, we want them and don't have them. Seems like a win-win to me.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-12-2016 at 10:32 AM.