Close

Technician

Second printer for additional prints, exotic materials, 1.75mm filaments

Hey all, long time user but not too often that I post. I've FINALLY been able to get my CTC Printer up and running after months and months of issues (plus a ton of mods). So far it's printing GREAT; I'm in love . Simplify3D + Octoprint + Modded CTC = amazing prints. My only problem now is, I'm printing practically all day long and would like to get a second printer to do some more printing (because we can't print enough, right?). My budget is in under the $1k range, preferred to use 1.75 filaments, heated bed is a necessity, preferred with an enclosure (although I can make one probably), and that's about it. I was looking into some of the Delta style printers because I've heard great things about their accuracy and ease of use; but I can't seem to find any in a decent price range. Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks everyone!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or you could go with a creator pro. machine you understand with all the additions you mentioned.

Deltas seem to come in cheap kits or expensive built machines.

or you could got another route and get a wanhao i3 for $350 :-)
    drop a cardboard box over for an enclosure - job done :-)

delta wise I'm waiting for the tico to start retailing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1484525

but then I only have limited desk space and a little cheap delta seems like a fun toy :-)

here you go - $999: http://www.makershed.com/products/rostock-max-v2

Though that is a kit - but very large build volume.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 02-20-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Yeah the FF Creator Pro is an excellent choice!

Dremel also make a 3D printer https://3dprinter.dremel.com
    its slightly cheaper than the FFCP but still generally a good printer. There are some examples of poor quality issues with the Dremel but these seem to be rather rare.

However, since you want to print with exotic material remember that the nozzle of the printer will wear out quicker than if you printed with normal PLA or ABS therefore maybe you want to consider a printer that spare nozzles for are easy to find? Or maybe just a generally cheaper printer? something around the $300 mark?

Just some thoughts, I hope they help

Technician
    Yea I was actually perusing some threads in the forums and came across the QiDi printer which I believe is a clone of the Creator pro? Looks very tempting plus I do have a lot of experience with the model from having to basically take apart my ctc printer multiple times lol.

Metal housing and has acrylic panels etc. Very tempting for the price!