Quote Originally Posted by Ryuluce View Post
I guess in case anyone else runs into the same problem as me, I should update this thread to tell how I fixed the printer.I have already fixed the printer. Luckily the motherboard was not bricked. I ended up buying a sparkfun AVR Pocket Programmer (about $15) and re-flashed the ATMEGA1280 over ICSP using AVRDUDE. It worked like a charm and the firmware took immediately.If anyone has the same symptoms as me, your motherboard is probably not bricked. Fortunately, buying a simple AVR Programmer (like the sparkfun one) is cheaper than buying a new motherboard for the printer.Special NOTE: just make sure that the programmer can handle the flash size of whatever chip is controlling your printer's motherboard (the sparkfun programmer just barely can do a flash size of 128 kb, the size of the ATMEGA1280's flash memory).
Hey. I'm still confused. I am new to avr programming and I messed something up while trying to change the fuse bits. How can I fix this? All I have is a blue screen on my Qidi Tech 1 right now. My fuses are set like this. L-0xFF H- 0xDA E-0xFC LB- 0x0F. Any suggestions?