Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    When I went to install the 7.6 firmware in ReplicatorG 0040, I accidentally installed Sailfish 7.6 (
    So from what I can figure. you wanted to install 7.6. You did install 7.6. and then you tried to install just about every other firmware yoiu could get your hands on.
    No wonder the machines confused, so am I :-)

I have tried pressing the reset button before, after, and at the same time I press the upload firmware button.
    I can't tell if I just need to keep at trying to upload a specific firmware,
    yes - BUT just the firmware you actually want. Don't go pissing about trying to install every other thing you can find on it.

It's the old adage: do one thing right. Not ten things badly.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    So from what I can figure. you wanted to install 7.6. You did install 7.6. and then you tried to install just about every other firmware you could get your hands on.
    I was trying to first install 7.6 from the makerbot firmware link (As it says in the video I linked). I wanted to END the installation with Sailfish 7.1 (As it says in Adam's post in that forum I linked).
    The Qidi Tech doesn't support Sailfish beyond 7.1, but for some reason when I tried (by mistake) uploading Sailfish 7.6 via ReplicatorG 0040 (which is NOT meant to be used for uploading Sailfish), my computer said the upload succeeded.
    Then I tried the Sailfish 7.1 that I wanted and it refused to work. over, and over, and over.
    I took a shot at Sailfish 7.7 at one point because I all the talk I've found about the Qidi only talk about up to Sailfish 7.6, so I was hoping Sailfish 7.7 might have added some support or something (this was after many, many attempts at the other two versions of Sailfish).
    Then I started looking at other discussions about bricked 3d printers similar to the Qidi (Flashforge, CTC, etc).
    Several people said when they thought they'd bricked their printer they managed to upload a Makerbot firmware after a bunch of different arbitrary conditions.
    So I tried uploading Makerbot 7.2 (the firmware the original Creator 1.0 is based off of) in Makerbot Desktop and ReplicatorG (both). I tried Makerbot 7.3 because several people with similar printers said that they managed to upload Makerbot 7.3 on their printers when they did some specific things (all of which I attempted to replicate). I eventually tried Makerbot 7.5 as a last-ditch effort hoping that the most recent version would have some bug fixed that I needed.

I didn't install the 7.6 I wanted. I didn't try "just about every other firmware".
    I had a reason for each thing I tried, and I tried many times before I did something else.

My real worry is that I screwed up the bootloader when I tried the wrong firmware initially. I have already seen people say that the symptoms I'm seeing with the printer could require the use of an AVR programmer, but the information confirming this is spotty at best.