Close

Hybrid View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Maybe you can point to where you think the most stresses will be placed against the cradle structure? I'm still thinking 4mm ABS with the inside corners chamfered should work well

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Maybe you can point to where you think the most stresses will be placed against the cradle structure? I'm still thinking 4mm ABS with the inside corners chamfered should work well
    I'm most concerned about the main bottom section that my device will be sitting on. Most of that section is already 4 mm thick. On either side are sections that are raised up a bit, to fit the shape of the eye tracking device, and they are 7 mm thick. I was hoping I could maybe get down to 3 mm. Most of the time, the whole thing will be flipped up to a vertical orientation. That means that those two bottom ledge supports will be bearing most of the weight. If I kept those supports thick enough then maybe I could reduce the bottom section.

By the way, I found a printer on 3D hubs who has offered to give me a second free printing if the first one is not sturdy enough. I can try 3 mm and see if that holds up.