Close

Hybrid View

I initially was thinking the same thing but after a little more thought I decided that the wire was a good choice, as it can be easily cleaned and reused. And I am sure that after we gain some experience with the printer we will come up with some standard bases to add to our models to that will print on the wire and make it easy to separate our model. One thing I was considering doing was to use a fine wire mesh and make a tube or inverted cone so I have something I can attach supports to if I find that is needed. I found a fine wire mesh online that is 1/10" and it is stainless steel. with this I was planning on cutting it into squares and just setting in on a PVC tube (cut to the right height) to print on. When done I just have to remove the wire mesh and model and I am ready to print again by adding a new wire square. But we will not no for sure until we get our printers in hand :-)

Student
    I sense that some experimentation will need to happen I was trying to avoid building parts raised in the air with supports which need to be removed afterwards, but it might be unavoidable. Robbing the mesh from one of those dollar store hand held sieves would probably provide a good cheap surface.