Close

Hybrid View

M0 pauses the print...how do I restart?

I edited my gcode file to have

G28 XY
    M0

so I could drop a magnet into a cavity in the print. The extruder does go home and the print pauses...but I can't get it to re-start. On my Dreamer's control panel the pause button stays at "Pause;" it doesn't recognize that the machine is paused, so I don't get a "Play" button. My only other choice at that point is "Stop," which doesn't really help...

Also tried M25 and M226, which both pause the print, but they don't seem to pause it. The extruder homes, then comes right back to the print...

Technician
    What happens if you hit the pause button when it is already paused, by the way?

I tried that, and it actually activates the pause functionality as if the print had been printing when I pressed the button. It lowers the platform and goes into the "draining pipe" routine. Then, if I hit "Play," it raises the platform again, but stops -- because I guess it's still sitting on the pause command issued in the gcode. I just tried this with the M1 suggestion you gave and had the same result as M0; it homes, then sits, but the firmware clearly has not gotten the Pause message, it's all gcode driven.

So, I'm trying two new things now: first, I downloaded the latest copy of Flashprint and I'm going to update the firmware on my machine. Second, I'm going to see if it makes a difference to print via USB instead of with SD card. I noticed that some of the gcode references I've seen state that you should use different codes for SD versus other printing, so maybe I'll get lucky and stumble on the right combination...

Technician
    Well... This one is difficult because the Dreamer went all closed source changed their microcontroller and supposedly rewrote the firmware, so who knows what they have implemented and what they don't, but I have a couple of more things you can try.

One is M1. Some versions of GPX translate it into the x3g version of pause_resume, so maybe FlashForge retained that behavior when they rewrote the firmware.

Another similar possibility is M322 except that M322 is "Pause @ zpos" which means pause when there is a Z move beyond the zpos. It looks like this:

M322 Z4.5

Which means the next time a Z move is commanded that is >= 4.5mm pause.

But I think you might have the same problem in that if you find one that pauses, they forgot to have the firmware show the pause prompt so you could continue.