Close

Angry HICTOP Prusa I3 Y axis drifting help

i cant figure out what is causeing the prints to drift. at 1st i thought it was to much slack in belt but found i have it at tension i need it at, i marked the belt on the back side with a white crayon so i can see if stepper was skiping and it dosent that i can see (mark is in same spot after 3 atempted prints when i home), and i have tryed sevral aheasion techneques to make sure that wasent issue (nothing on bed, glue stick and painters tape with glue) no matter the method i use the drifting is always the same, im at a lose now and only thing left i can think the issue might be is stepper itself is bad. iv only owned this printer for a little over a week now so im realy hoping it isint that but if i need to replace it ill have to. image of the 3 prints side by side attached.
    12313925_968500429895228_375578798443966829_n.jpg

tested stepper moter and found out windings are burned out so needs to be replaced.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Good thing you figured it, because the picture is really really blurry..

sorry bout that, was useing phones cammra and didnt turn it on to high rez mode.

Hello,

I have just purchased a HICTOP Prusa I3, and I have the exact same drift issue in the Y Axis. My first print went great, until about 50% through... it started drifting then, and now does it on all prints. I'm thinking I might have the same stepper motor issue. How did you test it to confirm?

Thanks for your help!
    Noel

Actually, nevermind - I just figured out my issue. Of all things - LOOSE SET SCREW on the stepper motor gear! The reason why it worked for most of the first print is because the set screw held... but once it loosened up enough, zero accuracy on the axis. Tightened set screw, and now I'm good to go.

valeforheya i would still like to know what reference points you used and what are the min\max voltages for the steppers?