Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    The reason i chimed in is because I too am having the same issue... All of a sudden my servo is a few degrees off about 60% of the times.. It never used to to do that.. I'm thinking it has something to do with the servo power input... I'm using the 5v rail from the rambo board.
    i think MAYBE my issue was initially i had to file off a bunch of plastic to get it to slide past a screw in the hot end holder etc.. im thinkingover time it may have worn that piece down more and allowed it to slide past it clean... so the firmware may have been wrong all along, but it stopped because of a piece of plastic.
    either way, i do think i need to edit it.
    so, can i edit it on the fly? how can i read the eeprom and pull a copy off, because im 99.9% sure i do not know what file i uploaded to it 8 months ago. (bad file naming out of me).

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    ...so, can i edit it on the fly? how can i read the eeprom and pull a copy off
    What is on the printer now is a machine-code hex file. With Marlin, there unfortunately is no way to read it back and recover the source code (including the configuration files) used to generate that upload file. You could however recreate many of the setting values based on what you can view through the LCD panel, but you'll have to figure out the mapping between LCD values and configuration.h file settings.

The rest of the source code is likely best grabbed from the beckdac fork mentioned in here - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post13933

crap... i remember someone sent me the firmware too, because they had the ABL built in to it as well....im better off taking it apart and adjusting it on the servo lol

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I agree with Roxy on trying another servo. Keep in mind that in 99% of the R/C servo applications, they are used in a closed-loop control system where minor positioning error won't matter - the control loop will just compensate for it until it sees the system (plane, helicopter, or whatever) responding as desired. Other than a servo issue, the only other possibility is a change in the zero-position pulse width being applied to the servo. There'd be no reason for that to change without firmware changes.