Close

Page 72 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast
    Student
    Syd_Khaos - Thanks for the instructions, they proved helpful. For the motor, I replaced the original m3x8mm screws with m3x12mm.

P1020441.jpg
    Last edited by jcoahran; 03-25-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Technician
    This is in your start code. What slicer are you using? In your start code, you need to modify it to just point to the right coordinates. Remember it's 230 x 150 with an origin in the center so front left corner would be X = -115, Y = -75. You want to give it some buffer so -100 and -70 are good. You also want to check on your head offsets. These values should be set in the firmware from the factory so not sure how you are having this problem. Did you install the extra fan on the left side of the head? Is that what's hitting the side of the machine? I didn't have to adjust for this.

Code:
    M135 T1 ; Load left extruder offsets
    G1 X-100 Y-70 F9000 ; Move to front left corner of bed 
    Quote Originally Posted by bombnav View Post
    Ok to be clear the 3 leveling points are over each of the adjustment points correct? I use the business card width as shown in some videos and set each point to the same width. This is after I inspect the heads to make sure they both are at the same height to stop the dragging.

Also any idea on how to make the extruders stop moving too far left on initial plastic lay down on the front edge of the build plate and banging into the sides? Is there an X adjustment for this?

Has anyone written a good FAQ for the QIDI that covers all the menu items on the LCD?

Other than the leveling what other calibrations should I be doing?

Thanks to you for your help. This forum is awesome.

Student
    Anyone know if this fits the Qidi printer? Any change needed for the part fan?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1396391

Technician
    Can you post some more shots or explain how you attached the bottom (start) piece?

Quote Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
    Syd_Khaos - Thanks for the instructions, they proved helpful. For the motor, I replaced the original m3x8mm screws with m3x12mm.

P1020441.jpg

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Can you post some more shots or explain how you attached the bottom (start) piece?
    I removed the screw that holds the lower left clear Plexiglas cover to the frame. I used a slightly longer screw in its place through the hole in the bottom start piece.

P1020445.jpg

P1020447.jpg

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Anyone know if this fits the Qidi printer? Any change needed for the part fan?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1396391
    It should the Qidi Tech and Flashforge Creator Pro both use MK10 extruders.

I did install the fan but my trouble started after the left extruder kept hitting the print.

I have just been using the makerbot desktop that came with the printer is there a way to change the G code in it? Or should I use something better.

I will shoot off a email to QIDI support tonight after work with a video of what's happening then spend the rest of tonight adjusting the extruder heads so they are even or the left one is slightly higher so I can print something that is about 6 inches wide without it hitting the print.

Thanks for all the help!

This is in your start code. What slicer are you using? In your start code, you need to modify it to just point to the right coordinates. Remember it's 230 x 150 with an origin in the center so front left corner would be X = -115, Y = -75. You want to give it some buffer so -100 and -70 are good. You also want to check on your head offsets. These values should be set in the firmware from the factory so not sure how you are having this problem. Did you install the extra fan on the left side of the head? Is that what's hitting the side of the machine? I didn't have to adjust for this.

Code:
    M135 T1 ; Load left extruder offsets
    G1 X-100 Y-70 F9000 ; Move to front left corner of bed 

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    How is the BuildTak normally attached to the spring steel? Is it just adhesive? By having them not install it, did you get a discount? Or did they include it, but not install it on the plate?
    The BuildTak is just a big sticker, like the big blue sticker that came with the Qidi. I didn't ask for a discount, I just asked them to provide the spring steel and the BuildTak separately (unattached).

Technologist
    I removed the screw that holds the lower left clear Plexiglas cover to the frame. I used a slightly longer screw in its place through the hole in the bottom start piece.

P1020445.jpg

P1020447.jpg

I attached mine on the lower screw, but both work, you just need more links for mine.
    Chain Attachment.jpg

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Not to offend some of are newer members but I wish we could have a regular forum with the ability to have a sticky page.
    A lot of the same questions are being asked weekly if not daily.
    Until we do the Flashforge forum has a pretty good sticky page that would be nearly identical to a Qidi Tech one.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-Creator-forum
    I emailed the 3dprintboard site administrator asking for a sub forum for the Qidi... never received a response.

Trying a different admin...
    Last edited by KludgeGuru; 03-25-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Page 72 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast