Close

Page 31 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Kinda starting to think this is the origin of the leveling issues as well. With the extruder over the rear most mount I can get the gap perfect. But the front 2 mounts still have a gap thats to big...like the plate mount is maybe bent a bit.

I can check all that by taking the bottom panel off yes?

You can check the wiring from the bottom. But sounds like you may have a bent Z-Axis. You should be able to turn the Z-axis screw by hand until it hits the limit switch.

Get a hold of Qidi Tech and they will send you a whole new extruder Assy.
    Take pictures of the extruder and the front of the machine to prove you have an old setup.
    Look at the long aluminum bar that the exteruders attach too are there 2 tapped holes on the left end of it?

Sounds like your having adhesion problems.
    Find a Youtube video on leveling the build plate and recheck it.
    I usually run my glass build plate at 60c.
    My printers are in the basement which is pretty cool so I make sure that inside the cabinet is at least 70F.
    I have digital thermometers inside my printers to monitor the cabinet temperature.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    You can check the wiring from the bottom. But sounds like you may have a bent Z-Axis. You should be able to turn the Z-axis screw by hand until it hits the limit switch.
    I can, both raise and lower the platform to max limit by hand just like Qidi says you should be able to.
    The cable bunch that comes from heat plate was somewhat loose in the board connection. Pushed that all back tight and about to plug it in again.

If anything is bent it seems like the metal bracket the heat plate mounts to.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    If anything is bent it seems like the metal bracket the heat plate mounts to.
    Can you take a picture of that build plate support?

Engineer-in-Training

Plate support, not sure if you can see what your looking for though.

How about a picture showing the build plate up to the limit switch.. With the extruders centered on the build plate.
    I want to see what the gap looks like.

The printer is sitting level right?
    You can remove the build plate to get a better look at the support.

Engineer-in-Training
    Gap in middle of printplate

Gap in center front of plate

I can not get the plate any higher than this in the front, the 2 bolts are out of thread.

I did manage to get something to print, was supposed to be a 20mm test block. The bottom few layers printed very well, then it left a few gaps, then about half way up it stop printing the exterior structure all together.

edit:
    To clarify, the gap at full center of the plate is about double what it should be. The gap in front center is 3-4 times what it should be. Only using right extruder at the moment.

If the printer itself is level on a level surface you could take the build plate off and put a small level across the build plate supports to see if they are level. Otherwise I'm not sure I would have to take the extruder Assy out and check the hot block heights are even.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I also tried it and had the same problem.
    It was written for an older machine that doesn't have the cooling fan on the left side of the extruders for print cooling.
    Can you make a video of this movement so I can look into it? Mine doesn't grind of move too far, ot does a nice long line to about 1 inch from the side, then slows down, and moves very slowly another couple of mm's and prints.

Engineer-in-Training
    Made alot of progress today.
    Have my machine set back up where its supposed to be.
    It was not printing because the plug for the heatplate was loose in the motherboard plugin. Now its showing the proper temp, and heating/cooling like it should.

I still cant totally level the plate, but I'm fairly sure its an issue with the mount. However I can get the back 1/2 of the buildplate very level with the gap Qidi recommends. I am going to try and print(just on back 1/2 of the plate) the bracket/shim I need to mount the glass. I am going to take 2mm height off of the shim. This will make the plate 2mm higher and should solve this last little issue I'm having.

Just want to thank everyone again for all the help, you all awesome!

edit:
    Anyone have a vid on how to install a z axis shim on this machine. Looked around a bit and not getting a clear explination.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 02-26-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Page 31 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast