Close

Page 266 of 411 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Might be best to do in SCAD to generate the line.

I guess any program would work. I was just thinking that if you could reproduce the "line" as a part to print then you might be able to get the code generated to print it and use that?

Just a random thought!

Super Moderator
    I sent an email to S3D support earlier today asking what had changed in the QiDi profile. Here is what I got back....

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support! I'd be glad to answer your question. In the start script, we changed:
    G1 X-120 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    to:
    G1 X-110 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    Because on some machines the head hit the side of the machine when the optional cooling fan was installed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
    ~Simplify3D Support

So campers, not much changed in the S3D profile for QiDi. The VRef values are still maxed out at 127.

Time to mess with the VRef values. I am not in front of the program right now but which line are you modifying and to what? I am thinking to lower the values a bit and see if anything odd happens! I am getting some small but odd print problems that I don't know what it's from. At a certain layer point on some sides I am getting what looks like termites ate away some of the layer! It seems to be consistent at a certain point or height then goes away. I read that if the steppers get to hot they can have some issues.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I guess any program would work. I was just thinking that if you could reproduce the "line" as a part to print then you might be able to get the code generated to print it and use that?

Just a random thought!
    I understand. I thought calculating the line with scad might yield a better result than manually drawing it. I was really hoping there were some programming options in GCode that could help, rather than explicitly defining the line segments. But based upon what I've read so far, that's a no.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Time to mess with the VRef values. I am not in front of the program right now but which line are you modifying and to what? I am thinking to lower the values a bit and see if anything odd happens! I am getting some small but odd print problems that I don't know what it's from. At a certain layer point on some sides I am getting what looks like termites ate away some of the layer! It seems to be consistent at a certain point or height then goes away. I read that if the steppers get to hot they can have some issues.
    Search for the " qidi tech simplify 3D startup script " elsewhere on this BBS, not in this thread.

Engineer
    I use the Filament Unload & Load functions to change filaments on my QiDi. I have noticed that SOMETIMES when I am using one of these functions I can move the extruder X/Y axis position around, and sometimes either one or both X/Y axis cannot be moved because their respective steppers are live. It usually does not present any difficulty, but it seems a bit odd. Has anyone else noticed this?

Super Moderator
    I use the Filament Unload & Load functions to change filaments on my QiDi. I have noticed that SOMETIMES when I am using one of these functions I can move the extruder X/Y axis position around, and sometimes either one or both X/Y axis cannot be moved because their respective steppers are live. It usually does not present any difficulty, but it seems a bit odd. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have not noticed that but will check next time I change.

I am only using "load" to change filaments and has worked well. Advice I read somewhere on line said to clip the filament and then start the load process and follow the old filament in with the new and run it for a bit until it runs clear. So far it has worked fine.

Engineer
    W, did you get the Flexion's installed and working?

Super Moderator
    W, did you get the Flexion's installed and working?

No, battling other issues and trying to get the dry box finished first so I have good line to work with. Also just really busy with work.

Engineer
    It's vewy vewy qwiet awound here...

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I'm pretty sure mine always locks during filament load/unload but I will have to check and confirm.

I'd think it locks when doing filament load/unload to make sure the filament slot/drive stays in the same position and can't move freely since force could be introduced. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'd think there is definitely a logical explanation for it.

Page 266 of 411 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast