Close

Page 154 of 411 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    NEVER unload.... Always load. If you need to unload, then run load option and let it extrude. Then depress lever and quickly pull the filament out.

Forget Unload ever exists, it is too slow and can clog easily when the filament cools higher up in the extruder thermal tube.

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    Now the stupid right extruder will not unload the damn filament. This printer is GARBAGE!

Support tells me to use "sharp object" to remove clog. LOL. that ain't working.

Gonna open a dispute with aliexpress and file a complaint with my Credit Card Company.

Right extruder won't let me unload even after it says to begin unloading.
    https://youtu.be/i05lOK5wMZg

Well after reading this entire thread, I took delivery of my QIDI today. I had previously purchased a FlashForge Creator Pro for work and spent about 120 hours learning it backwards and forwards and learning to troubleshoot what I have learned to be common issues with all 3D printers. I couldn't afford one for home, but when I saw the QIDI, I decided it might be worth taking a chance on. I expected the build quality to be a bit of a compromise, but I was hoping to get decent prints and save some money. So here are my initial impressions comparing it to the FFCP.

First of all, the QIDI was packaged much better. It also came with some nice extras.

Build quality wise, I've got to say, the QIDI is actually every bit as good if not better than the FF. For instance, the cover on the bottom of the printer is much sturdier and it was nice of them to include a cut out for the voltage selector switch.

Some people have mentioned the flimsy build platform on the QIDI. Compared to the FF, I think the QIDI is actually more sturdy.

Noise is identical...at least so far.

Honestly, at this point I can't think of a single thing that would make the FF better in my eyes. I certainly would advise anyone considering the FF to save the money and get a QIDI.

I am having some issues with my prints now that I am trying to do things that are more complex. Attached are two pictures of a Pikachu I printed off Thingiverse. It was printed with 25% triangular infill, 10 top layers, 10 bottom layers and 2 perimeters with a layer height of .100. Retraction distance is set to 2.00 and retraction speed is set to 2000. It was set to 1200 and I was getting horrible stringing between parts. Extrusion multiplier is set to 1.35 and nozzle diameter is set to .40.

Edit:
    I can not seem to get images attached. Here is a link to the pictures.
    http://imgur.com/a/b1eyx
    Last edited by cdmcg; 05-16-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post
    Well after reading this entire thread, I took delivery of my QIDI today. I had previously purchased a FlashForge Creator Pro for work and spent about 120 hours learning it backwards and forwards and learning to troubleshoot what I have learned to be common issues with all 3D printers. I couldn't afford one for home, but when I saw the QIDI, I decided it might be worth taking a chance on. I expected the build quality to be a bit of a compromise, but I was hoping to get decent prints and save some money. So here are my initial impressions comparing it to the FFCP.

First of all, the QIDI was packaged much better. It also came with some nice extras.

Build quality wise, I've got to say, the QIDI is actually every bit as good if not better than the FF. For instance, the cover on the bottom of the printer is much sturdier and it was nice of them to include a cut out for the voltage selector switch.

Some people have mentioned the flimsy build platform on the QIDI. Compared to the FF, I think the QIDI is actually more sturdy.

Honestly, at this point I can't think of a single thing that would make the FF better in my eyes. I certainly would advise anyone considering the FF to save the money and get a QIDI.
    First post and all positive? I am weary of shills I run into on Amazon reviews and on Facebook so I suspect all first time posters who just happen to pop up and post all positives.

I can't consider super glued belts and endstops to a locking wire harness, and screw holes where screws are supposed to be (Z leadscrew and on the bottom and a lack of threadlocker and the lack of using M3 washers for the parts that are not easily visible to the customer) then told that is why they gave us extras as a quality machine but everyone has an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    SOOOO.... QIDI wtf.... Not a drop of Threadlocker in the whole machine but they Super Glue the belts into the Xends... Uggg.
    They did it to both belts on both sides and they superglued the X endstop to the cable so you can't remove the cable YET the cable has a pinch release/locking mechanism. There is absolutely no reason they should be doing it on that one but they said it solved a problem. HOW? It already is locked in and you can't remove the wire without pushing down and pulling.

Basically, when it is time to replace the belts you will have to replace the plastic belt holders too. Time to replace the X endstop? You will need a new endstop AND a new wire. Btw, if you buy both, which I did, they will not combine for less shipping BUT they do send both in the same package.

My Qidi was delivered last Wednesday but I haven't had a chance to play with it until yesterday (Sunday). Anyone notice the z axis rods are 10 mm now?

Ayways, I've printed some add-ons for my printer including a cooling fan duct that will flow to both print heads instead of only the left. Anyone have a 40mm fan recommendation?
    I'm assuming higher cfm is better, especially if cooling both extruders at once. I see this one on amazon which draws 110mA 24v for 9.06 cfm, but who knows what the actual performance is: http://www.amazon.com/Protechnic-40m...A17N2TQLK8YXRO

Also, the stock left extruder cooling fan setup works quite well with ABS. I hope to not give away performance in order to cool both extruders at once.

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    My Qidi was delivered last Wednesday but I haven't had a chance to play with it until yesterday (Sunday). Anyone notice the z axis rods are 10 mm now?

Ayways, I've printed some add-ons for my printer including a cooling fan duct that will flow to both print heads instead of only the left. Anyone have a 40mm fan recommendation?
    I'm assuming higher cfm is better, especially if cooling both extruders at once. I see this one on amazon which draws 110mA 24v for 9.06 cfm, but who knows what the actual performance is: http://www.amazon.com/Protechnic-40m...A17N2TQLK8YXRO

Also, the stock left extruder cooling fan setup works quite well with ABS. I hope to not give away performance in order to cool both extruders at once.
    Post a picture of the 10mm smooth Z rods as mine is 2 weeks old and came from California and uses 8mm and this is a pretty big advancement.

Seriously, the printer should now be Avatar V with that change

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    Now the stupid right extruder will not unload the damn filament. This printer is GARBAGE!

Support tells me to use "sharp object" to remove clog. LOL. that ain't working.

IMAGE REMOVED

Gonna open a dispute with aliexpress and file a complaint with my Credit Card Company.

Right extruder won't let me unload even after it says to begin unloading.
    https://youtu.be/i05lOK5wMZg
    It looks like you have clear filament stuck in the extruder nozzle and white filament feeding into the extruder in the video. Just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    They did it to all belts and they superglued the X endstop to the cable so you can't remove the cable YET the cable has a pinch release/locking mechanism. There was absolutely no reason they are doing it on that one but they said it solved a problem. HOW? It already is locked in and you can't remove the wire without pushing down and pulling.
    Quote from google (https://www.google.com/search?q=loosen+up+superglue):
    Not to worry, for even though Super Glue is incredibly strong, it has one weakness: acetone. Acetone is often found in household nail polish remover, and a small amount on the end of a Q-tip or cotton swab applied directly to the glue should dissolve the bond without damaging the skin.
    I think I know why they did this but I haven't taken that part of the machine apart yet so I do not want to say since I wouldn't be speaking from first hand experience. I bought a belt set for the printer and plan to replace the belts at ~1000-1500 hours so I can let everyone know how it goes when I take that apart and re-seat the belts. If requested I could most likely document as well since I'm not aware of the belt replacement procedure being documented (if you have a link, share it!). I believe it will be easy since the belt is small and most of the troubles I had from re-seating belts were due to the fact that the belt was FAT and I couldn't stretch it easily. These are much thinner and should provide that minimal stretch required without much clamping force.

Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post

As much as I'd love to say I think the QIDI is awesome and I agree that it is much better, it would be great to Dark's point if you could prove you are not a shill with further posts, information, and possibly pictures.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Problem with acetone is, it will also melt the plastic x end as it is ABS, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    First post and all positive? I am weary of shills I run into on Amazon reviews and on Facebook so I suspect all first time posters who just happen to pop up and post all positives.

I can't consider super glued belts and endstops to a locking wire harness, and screw holes where screws are supposed to be (Z leadscrew and on the bottom and a lack of threadlocker and the lack of using M3 washers for the parts that are not easily visible to the customer) then told that is why they gave us extras as a quality machine but everyone has an opinion.
    Wow. What a great welcome to the forum. My post is a comparison between the QIDI and the FFCP. Nothing more and nothing less. If it isn't of any value to you then ignore it. Otherwise, let persons who are trying to decide between the two machines learn from my experience. I thought that's what these boards were for.

Page 154 of 411 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast