Close

Page 151 of 341 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4110

Hybrid View

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Their version number is rather suspicious too.
    I have Sailfish 7.7 on my Qidi Tech. My printer is a slightly older version that came out last october without Sailfish.
    It took some doing but I managed to get it done.
    You can read about my adventure here. https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/avatar-iv-qidi-tech
    There is no official version of Sailfish called 7.8

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I have Sailfish 7.7 on my Qidi Tech. My printer is a slightly older version that came out last october without Sailfish.
    It took some doing but I managed to get it done.
    You can read about my adventure here. https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/avatar-iv-qidi-tech
    There is no official version of Sailfish called 7.8
    Yep, no official version of 7.8 according to Jetty so I wonder what they did to it to make it 7.8?

I remember that thread on my searches around Google.

In case there anyone is having trouble getting Octoprint to connect to their printer, here's what you need to do.

- once Octoprint is installed on your raspberry pi (or whatever device you are using), log into the web interface > Settings > Plugin Manager > Install GPX

- Restart Octoprint server.

- Then select serial port you are using > Baudrate '115200'

Should connect fine.

You can then upload files to print direct to Octopront via the web interface (Not the SD card), though the files need to be gcode.

Hope this can help someone, I was scratching my head for awhile on this one!

If you have the new metal type spool holders, you might need an extender for wider spools of filament. I have some really wide BuMat ABS spools that wouldn't work with the original spool holders. So I used Tinkercad and designed a replacement end cap that adds some length to the holders. You can download it here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1605870

Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post
    If you have the new metal type spool holders, you might need an extender for wider spools of filament. I have some really wide BuMat ABS spools that wouldn't work with the original spool holders. So I used Tinkercad and designed a replacement end cap that adds some length to the holders. You can download it here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1605870

WOW, are those really that thin or is it just the camera playing tricks?

Engineer-in-Training
    Just had a nozzle blow out on me...never had one go like this.

Been printing with this nozzle fine for few day. Was printing fine all morning, then I start another print and see material coming out thick.
    Any ideas on whats going on here.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    I have one set of bearings/rods/plate ready to go. Hit me up via PM and I can print out the rest of the parts this weekend.

Any preferred color?
    Will do, I'll shoot ya a PM later and Orange as long as it's not a dark/carrot orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post

Been printing with this nozzle fine for few day. Was printing fine all morning, then I start another print and see material coming out thick.
    Looks like the machine decided to upgrade the nozzle diameter for you!

How many hours did you have on that one nozzle?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Wow, I was wondering if a nozzle would ever do that. I have ran mine pretty flat then drilled out the hole bigger. I don't think I have ever ran one that flat though.

Engineer-in-Training
    Crazy thing is it didn't get to this point over time. Was fine and printing one min...blown out to this size hole the next.
    So what is causing this? Nozzle just heated to many times and everything under certain thickness goes thermal breakdown??

I'm not sure how many hours on this nozzle...maybe 600 or so. Kinda hard for me to know. I use a nozzle till its clogged or to dirty to wanna keep using. Then it gets tossed in a drawer, once I'm out of nozzles to use I clean them all. Kinda due the same with my tubes.
    I typically follow the 'use it till it breaks' methodology =P
    I have only had 5 nozzles total since I got the machine. This will be the 3rd to go in the trash. I think I messed up one of the other ones..
    OH YEA....

Speak of....Just an FYI:
    The smallest wire in a standard blow/cutting torch cleaning kit is 0.5mm not 0.4mm.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The tip will wear flat over time. There is only a certain amount of material in that nozzle. I assure you if you looked at the nozzle before it blew out it would be flat about that diameter of the hole.

Crazy thing is it didn't get to this point over time. Was fine and printing one min...blown out to this size hole the next.
    So what is causing this? Nozzle just heated to many times and everything under certain thickness goes thermal breakdown??

I'm not sure how many hours on this nozzle...maybe 600 or so. Kinda hard for me to know. I use a nozzle till its clogged or to dirty to wanna keep using. Then it gets tossed in a drawer, once I'm out of nozzles to use I clean them all. Kinda due the same with my tubes.
    I typically follow the 'use it till it breaks' methodology =P
    I have only had 5 nozzles total since I got the machine. This will be the 3rd to go in the trash. I think I messed up one of the other ones..
    OH YEA....

Speak of....Just an FYI:
    The smallest wire in a standard blow/cutting torch cleaning kit is 0.5mm not 0.4mm.

Page 151 of 341 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast