Close

Page 138 of 341 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 4110

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    All motors but Z are being ran at max Vref (118 not the normal 128 one would believe) so they get hot enough to blister your hand as X did to me. Since the carriage is ABS I am surprised the motors haven't caused it to sag at the very least.

It appears not a soul knows what Vref should really be except it should not be at full throttle (at least with Marlin using Stepsticks we knew what Vref meant precisely).

My suggestion would be to turn all motors down to 80 (leave Z at 40) and do a nice print and see what happens. If no skipping then after 1 hour feel the motors and if mildly warm 80 was the magic number.

You can do what I did with my I3 and just keep going lower and lower until the motor would skip or lose steps then back it up some. By doing that you will have way cooler motors that will last longer and the ABS plastic parts will love you for it. So, 80 and if that works go 60 and if not then 70, etc... since we have no idea wth the formula is for a Mightyboard.
    I guess it's time to reveal my ignorance, to address the Vref adjustment, is that done via the firmware or a POT on the stepper driver etc? Is this something a novice should attempt?

Roger

Update, found it, that was easy. Thanks for your help.

Roger

You are awesome, changed Vref from 118 to 100 and stepper motor is cool to the touch.

Tks

Quote Originally Posted by Roger36330 View Post
    You are awesome, changed Vref from 118 to 100 and stepper motor is cool to the touch.

Tks
    Remember, the whole point is to see how low you can go before it skips then raise the number a little. 80 seems to be about right so 100 is still a little high BUT one extruder versus two makes a difference so 80 for one might not be enough for two though I would say to give it a shot.

Very stupid of Qidi to have maxed them to full force like that as 118 is the max from what I read (for the record I don't think Qidi knows what they are doing they are just winging it as they go along with open source files).

I found it odd that Z is only at 40 and everything else is 118. Oh, I would suggest to play with A and B because a cooler motor there is less of a chance of a clog (regardless if a heatsink and fan are used hot is just wrong).

Good luck and please report back how low you managed to go on each one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger36330 View Post
    I guess it's time to reveal my ignorance, to address the Vref adjustment, is that done via the firmware or a POT on the stepper driver etc? Is this something a novice should attempt?

Roger
    Done via RepG as the pots on a Mightyboard are digital like they are on a Smoothieboard.

Student
    Finally cleared the clogged with a nail. Just heated it up with a bic ligter and jammed it through. Took 2 attempts to finally dislodge the clog.

As for the right extruder that refused to unload the filament, I just cut it off and let it feed through. Had to unload it so I can make room for the nail to go through the clog at a straight angle.

I removed my dispute with aliexpress. Printer seems to be working fine now.

Except, it still can't print my knee replacement as good as makerbot.

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    Finally cleared the clogged with a nail. Just heated it up with a bic ligter and jammed it through. Took 2 attempts to finally dislodge the clog.

As for the right extruder that refused to unload the filament, I just cut it off and let it feed through. Had to unload it so I can make room for the nail to go through the clog at a straight angle.

I removed my dispute with aliexpress. Printer seems to be working fine now.

Except, it still can't print my knee replacement as good as makerbot.
    I hope you didn't mess up the PTFE tubing inside with a hot nail.

Student
    No. that nozzle along with the tube was removed a long time ago to try and clear the clog.

So I just finished hot gluing wing nuts into thumb turns for the build plate. Heated build plate... derp

Engineer-in-Training
    Has anyone used a Kossel delta-style printer?
    Just found file from dude that designed the thing with all the parts. I sure would like to try and build one if its a worthwhile printer...they look kinda cool.

Page 138 of 341 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast