Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Here one that printed fine using the school's makerbot printer. But nothing but blobs and ooze here on the QiDi.20160514_001333.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    Here one that printed fine using the school's makerbot printer. But nothing but blobs and ooze here on the QiDi.20160514_001333.jpg
    Remember the settings for this printer that I used is for a Replicator 1 dual so did you use that for your .x3g?

Please say you are the one that sliced it and that you didn't just grab the .x3g from your school and used that to try and print with this printer because you never know what they have in the background for settings.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Remember the settings for this printer that I used is for a Replicator 1 dual so did you use that for your .x3g?

Please say you are the one that sliced it and that you didn't just grab the .x3g from your school and used that to try and print with this printer because you never know what they have in the background for settings.
    Yes, I created it in maya and sliced it in Makerbot.

What setting should I use to rid the blobs?

Yes, I created it in maya and sliced it in Makerbot.

What setting should I use to rid the blobs?
    I do not know as I use Simplify 3D and straight out of the box everything printed fine. In the Makerbot software does it have a drop down (or anyway to set up) for which printer you are slicing for? I know I looked at several settings in S3D for the various Replicators and they were different.

For instance if you are slicing for a Rep 2 instead of a Rep 1 dual then forget it as the numbers were pretty different.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I do not know as I use Simplify 3D and straight out of the box everything printed fine. In the Makerbot software does it have a drop down (or anyway to set up) for which printer you are slicing for? I know I looked at several settings in S3D for the various Replicators and they were different.

For instance if you are slicing for a Rep 2 instead of a Rep 1 dual then forget it as the numbers were pretty different.
    Yes. I was told to select "replicator dual". I was contacted by the seller and he said the object is "too complicated" for the printer and demanded that I send him a photo of the one I printed at school.

I replied back with a photo and a photo of the simple robot that the QiDi printer couldn't even pull off w/o having gaps and holes.

Yes. I was told to select "replicator dual". I was contacted by the seller and he said the object is "too complicated" for the printer and demanded that I send him a photo of the one I printed at school.

I replied back with a photo and a photo of the simple robot that the QiDi printer couldn't even pull off w/o having gaps and holes.
    This sounds exactly like Qidi to me as they aren't the brightest bulb in the pack. I wish I could help you more but I don't use that software.