Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
At 90 I am getting gaps and skipping of the infill for the first layer. I am going to test more but it doesn't seem to correspond with leveling. That's why I was wondering about irregularities in the glass.

Always open to suggestion for settings in S3D.
Irregularities are fine as long as they do not go outside of your first layer height. My I3's bed has a max difference of 0.2mm from its highest point to its dead 0mm point so I try and keep it at 0.28mm (uses a 0.35mm nozzle) for a first layer height.

This is the one thing S3D does 100% wrong because it should never be based on a percentage but on a set value and why it hasn't ever been changed I don't understand it. If I print at 0.1mm height I have to go figure out what a 0.28mm first layer height's percentage would be (0.32mm for a Qidi's 0.4mm nozzle) and if I change my layer height to something else I have to go do it all over again when the other slicers did this right so I don't have to keep effing with it every single time I just want to make a print with a different layer height. You *MUST* do this to insure that your first layer height does not go over your nozzle size * 0.8.

btw, doing it via a percentage can lead to some weird values for the first layer height if you look at the gcode.