Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Its a great printer. I was on the fence to. I personally put some wd40 on the rods and the noise pretty much stopped. I've been printing the shit out of my machine. I've probably got about 8 prints so far and 7 have had no issues.
    WD40 is not a good lube for this application.

Get some 3-in-1 High-temp Silicone lube, sole at any place like Lowe's or Home Depot. It will last longer, is cheaper than WD40, and much more suited for this type of application.

@ svt04cobra:
    Most are using removable buildplates of some type, not removing the stock plate.
    MagHold is a removable and flexable plate that many say works very well, though yet to try it myself.
    My prefered method is to print onto a glass plate (that sits on the stock aluminium plate). Glass is easy-peasy...little bit of hairspray and print sticks like superglue, soon as glass cools to about 40c prints pop right off...sometime without even touching them.

This is a great printer! Have had mine for about 2 months now, its paid for itself near 3 times over. Will pass 700 print hours by end of this week. And even though I'm new to 3d printing, and this is my first machine, have still had an 85%+ success rate on prints....pretty damn good considering I am just guessing what I'm doing at least half the time lol.

Student
    Can you explain how you have your glass setup? How do you have it fastened to the original build plate? I like the idea of just spraying the glass with hair spray and having the model pop off when the glass cools. Also you mention you paid for your machine 3 times over...... Did you design something yourself that you are selling or printing something already made and selling? I am new to 3D printing / Design but want to make a go at making money with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post

Get some 3-in-1 High-temp Silicone lube, sole at any place like Lowe's or Home Depot. It will last longer, is cheaper than WD40, and much more suited for this type of application.

@ svt04cobra:
    Most are using removable buildplates of some type, not removing the stock plate.
    MagHold is a removable and flexable plate that many say works very well, though yet to try it myself.
    My prefered method is to print onto a glass plate (that sits on the stock aluminium plate). Glass is easy-peasy...little bit of hairspray and print sticks like superglue, soon as glass cools to about 40c prints pop right off...sometime without even touching them.

This is a great printer! Have had mine for about 2 months now, its paid for itself near 3 times over. Will pass 700 print hours by end of this week. And even though I'm new to 3d printing, and this is my first machine, have still had an 85%+ success rate on prints....pretty damn good considering I am just guessing what I'm doing at least half the time lol.

Can you explain how you have your glass setup? How do you have it fastened to the original build plate? I like the idea of just spraying the glass with hair spray and having the model pop off when the glass cools. Also you mention you paid for your machine 3 times over...... Did you design something yourself that you are selling or printing something already made and selling? I am new to 3D printing / Design but want to make a go at making money with it.
    Yep, I was hoping someone would ask that about paying for itself.

I don't have this printer but for mine I used bulldog clips and hated them. I crashed my nozzle into them so many times then I went to Silicone pads that were 0.5mm thick (called Gino pads made for CPU/GPU heat transfer to a heatsink) and with 4 of them my plate never moved again and no more clips. I plan on doing that with all future printers too.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Gotta be strategic when placing the clips. lol Back left corner and front right toward the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Yep, I was hoping someone would ask that about paying for itself.

I don't have this printer but for mine I used bulldog clips and hated them. I crashed my nozzle into them so many times then I went to Silicone pads that were 0.5mm thick (called Gino pads made for CPU/GPU heat transfer to a heatsink) and with 4 of them my plate never moved again and no more clips. I plan on doing that with all future printers too.

Engineer-in-Training
    I use simple pinch-clamps to hold my plate down.

I sell all manner of printed things. RC parts, stuff for the home...and I will print pretty much anything someone wants to pay me for, long as machine can do it.
    About 1/3 of my income from this printer is making accessories for my buddy's glass shop. I do a little design and he orders 30 or so a month.
    Working on getting a website up and going too.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Definitely not WD40, and silicon isn't a very good bearing lube. Bearings like grease. I use some Mystic Lubes light grease thinned out with some 3n1 oil. It takes a bit to get worked into the sealed bearings but once it does the machine goes near mechanically silent, besides the stepper noise...

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post

@ svt04cobra: