Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
ABS should pop off the surface when it cools after printing. Direct on glass with ABS slurry is the most reliable and repeatable print surface. Slurry has to be applied every time though. Preheat the glass to about 70c before applying slurry. Then start print and heat it to 95c for the print.
Great thanks for the reply. While I was waiting, I just winged it and heated up the bed to 92C, peeled the blue surface off and tried fitting my 1/8" plate. It actually took me all day (in excess of 5 hours) because of various issues, one of them being that the framing shop I got the glass from, didn't cut the plate exactly correct so I had it too small on the length (left to right) and too long on the width (front to back). I printed out half a dozen clips and mounts and settled on a combination of adjustable mounts in the rear, static ones in front, and some abs shims (support material).

I have been trying to avoid putting down any sort of slurry or glue or hairspray and printing ABS directly on a 95C bed. It's been going mostly good. I had about 3 prints peel up and get ruined. If I were to use the ABS slurry, what does the bottom surface look like? And doesn't the piece come up, stuck to a flat pool of ABS?

Do I need any special settings or surface to print PLA on glass? I just ran out the other day so I won't be able to test for a few days.

Lastly - besides the 3D printed upgrades like the cable chain, fan covers, z-axis shim, and 8mm rod "supports", are there any noteworthy upgrades to the QIDI Tech 1?

Have I missed any recalls or new parts that QIDI can send me? I heard their customer service is great and always willing to provide fixes.

Have there been any firmware upgrades?

Lastly, what is this I keep reading about - some sort of upgrade kit that a member here has created and is selling? How do I find out more? Thanks for your help.