Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
All right W! I guess you qualify as a true "blue" QiDi user. <grin> From now on I guess we will have to specify which QiDi printer model is being discussed. I like the look of the control panel. From your pix it looks to be the same basic drive design. Does it use 8mm or 10mm rods for x, y & z?

It all looks to be a narrower (X-axis), single extruder version. Otherwise everything really looks the same. Rod sizes are the same.

So far it is printing nice. This could be a good one for just doing those jobs and don't mess with the printer to much, just let it run. This looks like it could be a great starter printer that is fairly straight forward but still high quality. We will see over time but so far it is delivering.

The software is definitely usable and with a fair amount of control.

I have been in contact with S3D and QIDI who said they were going to get with S3D. No sooner did I tell the guy at S3D he emailed back and said they (QIDI) had just gotten a hold of them about the printer. S3D is excited to work with it and get things rolling so support from both so far has been great.