Close

Question Freezing with Replicator 2X (only some models)

Edit 8/3/15: Now it's freezing on all models; it seems like the reason I got one through this error was just because it was thin. Any help would still be greatly appreciated!

Good afternoon all, and thank you for taking the time to check out my question!

I've been using a replicator 2X for small prints without issue, but my coworker sent me a couple files that seem to really confuse the machine. After printing the raft, the carriage freezes and the print head stops extruding. The nozzle and the bed remain hot until I turn the machine off or cancel the print.

I tried printing without the rafts, but the machine freezes in the same manner after printing the first 2-3 layers.

After using Makerbot Desktop's "print preview" function, I noticed a discrepancy in how the model is supposed to look and how the print preview actually sees it. Please refer to the attached images to see what I'm talking about, but basically the print preview adds geometry. I assume it's adding more geometry inside the model as well which is what's confusing the machine, but I don't see a way to solve this issue and I could really use some advice.

Thanks again for your time and let me know if I need to clear anything up!

Matt

demo 1.jpg -You can see the hole is plugged in this image

demo 2.jpg - You can see the added triangles between points on the horseshoe
    Last edited by mechamephisto; 08-03-2015 at 07:55 AM. Reason: update to issue

In case anyone has the same issue and finds this post - I was able to eventually fix the problem by reformatting my SD card. Delete everything off your card and ensure your SD card is FAT16.