Hey everyone,

First time poster here. In the past I have used Google Groups to pick brains but I figured I would branch out and try somewhere else.

Anyway... I work for a public library and we purchased a 5th Gen Replicator in March of 2014. We've actually been pretty lucky and haven't had too many issues with it until now. Whenever someone starts a print, the nozzle is so close to the plate that no filament is able to come out. I have maxed out the Z Offset under Device Preferences but still have the issue. I have also leveled the plate numerous times both using the automated leveling process and manually using a bubble level.

The extruder in use has been opened before so my initial thought was that it was not re-assembled very well. I have since taken it apart and re-assembled 3 times and have had the same result each time. We're running Windows 7, MakerBot Desktop 3.7 and the latest firmware (I think it's 1.7.somethingorother). The only thing I have not yet tried is rolling back software and firmware. I have kept a collection of the downloads along the way so this may be my next step. I have also heard of people sticking a business card under the nozzle during the Homing Process to offset this issue but because it is a public printer, this really isn't a good solution for us.

Anyone have any tips or advice?

Thanks!