Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    I am still trying to work through the issue.

Right now, I am looking into calibrating the extruder, where do you modify the EStops? Is it directly with the firmware on the Rumba board?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post
    ...where do you modify the EStops? Is it directly with the firmware on the Rumba board?
    Do you mean E steps? The extruder steps per mm is the fourth value in the Marlin DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT array of constants in the configuration.h source file.

...it appears my large gear is being pulled into the extruder body and causing it to seize.
    Actually, if you think about it this can't be the reason for your troubles. Yes, the large gear seizing could cause the extrusion to stop, but it couldn't cause a notch in the filament. The gear seizing against the extruder body would simply bind up the motor, causing it to stop rotating or skip steps. For the filament to get notched, the large gear and hobbed bolt are likely rotating just fine.

Many of the possibilities for extrusion stopping have already been mentioned, but FWIW this post has my composite list based on what people have reported - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post58220
    Last edited by printbus; 07-25-2015 at 07:17 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Do you mean E steps? The extruder steps per mm is the fourth value in the Marlin DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT array of constants in the configuration.h source file.

Actually, if you think about it this can't be the reason for your troubles. Yes, the large gear seizing could cause the extrusion to stop, but it couldn't cause a notch in the filament. The gear seizing against the extruder body would simply bind up the motor, causing it to stop rotating or skip steps. For the filament to get notched, the large gear and hobbed bolt are likely rotating just fine.

Many of the possibilities for extrusion stopping have already been mentioned, but FWIW this post has my composite list based on what people have reported - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post58220
    Thank you for your reply Printbus! I did mean ESteps I was just typing to fast on my break at work

Also, thank you for the link! A lot of the suggestions in your post I have been trying to narrow down on my printer. My main concern was the fact that I was printing just fine, then it started seizing.

So I am going to keep working with things tonight as the wife is out of the house.

Looking through the Configuration.H file, this is what I found. Is this correct and if so what value should I change?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BLKKROW; 07-25-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    ...Looking through the Configuration.H file, this is what I found. Is this correct and if so what value should I change?
    As said before, the extruder is the fourth term in the array. So, 841 steps per millimeter is the current Esteps setting in your Marlin baseline.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    As said before, the extruder is the fourth term in the array. So, 841 steps per millimeter is the current Esteps setting in your Marlin baseline.
    I apologize I did not catch that, thank you! I have been talking to Colin as I am having issues modifying the firmware. No matter what I do it will not upload new firmware.