BullDogMount.jpg

This is a picture off the cad system. You will notice that the Bulldog lite installs with the hot end towards the front. The square hole in the back allows it to sit as far back as possible. My cooling fans are installed on each side. There is a hole for installing a servo for ABL on the left side. The E3Dv6 fan sits behind the E3D.

I have been using the prototype of this for a number of months now. I will print a final version once I am done with the printer #2 and install it when I rebuilt printer #1 which has been using the prototype.

The mount for the Bulldog XL is similar except that it sits sideways. I did not want to get too far extended from the rails with that much weight. I am still making some adjustments to that design. Mostly because I want to make removing the E3D as easy as possible without dismantling a bunch of stuff. That is easy with the BD Lite mount pictured. It got a little more complicated with the Bulldog XL sitting sideways. It remains to be tested to see how it will do.

Once I have everything running correctly, I am happy to post the stl files somewhere so that others can use them or, hopefully, improve them.

I think that you will be even happier with the E3Dv6 over the hexagon. I went through two hexagons in about 5 months. Many successful prints, but also periodically had difficulties. I have far fewer problems with the E3D running. That said, I have gained a lot of experience in the last year and it is clear to me that there are a lot of considerations from design to print settings in getting a good print. Sometimes you can make something work better by simply adjusting a few design parameters. Sometimes settings within the slicing operation can make or break a good print. And sometimes it is getting the hardware right and adjusted.

This forum is a great resource and there are others on here with great advice. They also raise the bar, which is one of the reasons my printer #2 is taking so long to build.