Close

Engineer-in-Training

Max feed rates and acceleration settings

Somewhere I thought I read a thread from a more experienced member about optimizing the print speeds to get good prints.

i can't find it.

I think I am need of some fine tuning. I am getting some weird ripples in the edges of my prints and most recently, when moved the nozzle to 0 after a print it crashed into the bed. This lead me to believe I may be skipping some steps on the z axis.

What are people using for feed rates and accelerate numbers? Can I turn up the stepper driver to compensate for it driving two motors? They are not warm at all.

Engineer-in-Training
    Also, what is the default setting on the stepper drivers? Micro step? 1/8, 1/16, etc...

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Somewhere I thought I read a thread ... about optimizing the print speeds to get good prints. i can't find it.
    Your PM suggests you found it, but for thread completeness you're probably referring to this - Marlin Motion Related Configuration.h Settings for MakerFarm i3v

...Can I turn up the stepper driver to compensate for it driving two motors? They are not warm at all.
    Yes, you can, up to the current limit of the driver. Be sure to watch the temperature of the z-axis driver as you do this. It might be necessary to provide some cooling airflow to keep the driver at a reasonable temperature.

Also, what is the default setting on the stepper drivers? Micro step? 1/8, 1/16, etc...
    The default on at least the RAMPS config is microstepping at a 1/16 rate. Can't speak firsthand for the RUMBA and RAMBO variations.