Close

Hybrid View

What exactly will 5,000 Dell Employees use these printers to print? Seems a bit overboard to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorette3D View Post
    What exactly will 5,000 Dell Employees use these printers to print? Seems a bit overboard to me.
    I don't see them going to every Dell employee. They will use a small number of them to train their sales people and then have stock-in-hand for quick delivery to customers. I recently did some grunt work foe Dell unpacking and setting up computers for a Local Government body (Local Government = County, Municipality etc). We had 400 workstations, monitors and phones to do. When Dell does a roll-out, it does big ones.

5000 printers divided amongst the number of Dell's corporate clients is not much.

Old Man Emu

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    I don't see them going to every Dell employee. They will use a small number of them to train their sales people and then have stock-in-hand for quick delivery to customers. I recently did some grunt work foe Dell unpacking and setting up computers for a Local Government body (Local Government = County, Municipality etc). We had 400 workstations, monitors and phones to do. When Dell does a roll-out, it does big ones.

5000 printers divided amongst the number of Dell's corporate clients is not much.

Old Man Emu
    Don't you think that Dell would have purchased more industry level 3D Printers if they wanted to use them for creating stock? Also, why not buy from a reputable company like MakerBot or 3D Systems if they wanted a consumer level 3D Printer?