Close

3D Printed Babies - Well Sort of

3D artist and designer Jasmine Robinson has designed a fully articulated 4.5 inch miniature baby named Jasper. Robinson has made two versions of Jasper, the first 3D prints in 22 individual pieces and is held together with a string. The second version will print as a single piece with print-in-place ball socket joints. You can find out more about Jasper over on 3Dprint.com: http://3dprint.com/58200/3d-print-articulated-baby/

Below is a photo of Jasper the 3D printed baby:

Jas really knows her stuff, I've seen her work before. The puppies. I'm glad she's found a new way to expand on her creative talent that she has with the use of a 3D printer. Any ideas what type of 3D printer she used/uses?

I see a Nobel SLA on her site in the pic for 3D printing. But this doesn't look it was printed on an SLA 3D printer. This looks like its been printed on an SLS 3D printer if I'm honest. Or maybe FDM.

I like how she says the babies take about 5 hours to print. Which is roughly how long some women can spend in labour.

Ed. Never mind. Reread it. The up! 3D printer. That'll teach me to skim your articles.
    Last edited by 3dxyz; 04-17-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Studio Arts Major Style

Just absolutely horrifying.

Comic R. Crumb often spoke of how freakishly alienating he found childhood Howdy Doody puppets to be:

"My parents got a TV set in 1948 and that program was already on by then, I believe. I watched it regularly when I was very small. The main thing I remember about it was a sense of the grotesqueness of the marionettes. I don't think they came across to small children the way they were meant to, the way the adults intended it. It just seemed strange and bizarre. Clarabell the Clown and Buffalo Bob Smith, they were just strange to a small child."