Close

Thread: This could work

Hybrid View

Masterda - The idea is awsome but the neglected rods to support it on its way would prove to be a big issue. If we're planning on printing something to the 64th of an inch detail the rods would have to move perfectly right...

Also how would you precisely control the flow of water?

The rods are just not in the sketch. There are many ways to keep it in place, i just havent really thought about what could be the best.
    The flow of water can be controlled the same way the original does. (Dont ask me how, that and the mirror movement are the two things i havent really grasped yet.) The same sensor and tap are in place, so probably just manually setting the tap to a certain drop rate and measuring it with the mic.

Wait, i just thought about something:

printersketchabove.jpg

Its the two containers from above. Assuming its two plastic container, will probably need to place some metal L plates to the four sides of the outer container, where we cut into the plastic.
    Ps: as i stated before, the territory of the outside container must be twice of the territory of the inside container

Edit: forget it, this is way more simple (metal rails are fixed on the outer container):
    printersketchabove2.jpg
    Last edited by masterada; 01-21-2014 at 04:18 PM.