Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Ok cool..im in cooper city.

I have gotten some questions about the new Hexagon AO hot end. It has a shorter heat sink and a larger aluminum block, so the fan shrouds don't fit. Here is an experimental version of the shroud that should fit the Hexagon AO. I have not tested it. If you do, please let me know how it works. I have no idea if it will provide enough cooling for the smaller heat sink.

TightDoubleHexagonAOShroud.STL

This version is for the Itty Bitty Double FLEX Extruder. I have also posted one for the Itty Bitty Double Extruder in the other thread.
    Last edited by clough42; 05-10-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Add link to the other thread.

Here is a print done with Semiflex Ninjaflex.

7hrs...to print
    Speed: 15mm/sec
    Layer: .2
    Temp: 225
    Bed Temp: 35

20150527_094532.jpg20150527_094546.jpg20150527_094915.jpg20150527_094622.jpg

Those are some very nice prints. Voodoo, it doesnt look like you are suffering nearly as much as some of us with z banding issues... Do you mind sharing what you might have done to remedy that, assuming you ever had it?
    thanks

Thanks!

Honestly, never had the Z banding issue...my z rods are stock and yes, they wobble at the top a bit.. I dont try to constraint them. Just them be.
    I did make sure my entire assembly was square from the very beginning and belts are tight. I used calipers to make sure that both extrudes for the X carriage we even at both ends, then tightened it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    Those are some very nice prints. Voodoo, it doesnt look like you are suffering nearly as much as some of us with z banding issues... Do you mind sharing what you might have done to remedy that, assuming you ever had it?
    thanks

I am having trouble uploading my pics but I have completed my extruder and have now completed my first non-calibration print. Things are working great. I have the wires routed for the left extruder out the front to fasten with the rest of the wires on the left side wire secure location. On the right the wires are coming out the side to attach on the right side wire secure position. I have some subtle calibration and slicing configuration work but all in all it is working as it should.

I have run into a strange situation though. At the end of the print only the second extruder turns off. I have tried several ways including special gcode in sli3er and looking for a fix in the firmware. If anyone has ran into this issue and have a fix, I would be very grateful.

C42 thank you for an amazing build and even more fantastic documentation.

http://www.thingiverse.com/make:143948 Extruder

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:890832 First non-calibrtion print
    Last edited by tlankford01; 06-20-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Just wondering what material and settings "temp, speed, layer height" you guys are using to print out the extruder parts?

Thanks,
    Chadd

Abs 2 mm 80%infil 230 temp. 40mm sec

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Abs 2 mm 80%infil 230 temp. 40mm sec
    Thanks for the info. How did your pulley gears turn out? I have printed a few up but don't have the belts to check the fit, are the belts the same pitch as the ones that come with the makerfarm kit?

Technologist
    Am using simplify3d and am having problem with extruder offset. How did you guys that encounter this problem fixed it. How did you found the correct number.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast