Close

Hybrid View

Nope, no special code...Never even crossed my mind to change temps while tool change..If you can set the retractions correctly..most of the oozing will be gone. Try printing at a slightly lower temp...my printing PLA at 220 sometimes 200.

Just noticed you are in Miami, where by?

Quote Originally Posted by kablahz View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I am still surprised at how well your prints are coming out, kudos on that. Are you using custom tool change gcode or lowering the idle nozzle temperature to prevent oozing? I have only been troubleshooting the dual extruders for a week so I am sure I will eventually get it dialed in, just have to figure out how s3d manages tool change gcode with multiple processes, not sure which tool change gcode is called when changing process and subsequently extruders.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Nope, no special code...Never even crossed my mind to change temps while tool change..If you can set the retractions correctly..most of the oozing will be gone. Try printing at a slightly lower temp...my printing PLA at 220 sometimes 200.

Just noticed you are in Miami, where by?
    Hmm okay I will keep messing with my retraction settings. Yeah lowering the temp seemed like a good idea when I read that there are IF statements you can use in S3D in the tool change script section but It would probably be easier to just fix the oozing with retraction instead of adding a bunch on m109 and m104 commands.

I am down South in the Gables/Brickell area. PM if anything.

Ok cool..im in cooper city.