Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    800F isn't high enough to completely combust wax, not to mention plastics. You need to get to about 1200F to cast a wax-based mold, and most plastics require 1300 or higher. That's why MgO-based investments intended for platinum casting work better than regular plaster-based investments for casting 3D printed models.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Yes, it is not. The working temperature for comustion of this plastic according to Plasticast is 1350F and you have to keep it in the oven for at least a couple of hours. The big question is when exatcly does it start to expand or boil up explosively which actually ruins the inner surface and leaves the end result porous and nonworkable. If we manage to get the exact temperature we may put a good delay on this temperature diapason (for example let it rise from 300C to 600C for 6 hours slowly) and then we may avoid that explosive boliup phase and get cleaner results as the Plasticast claim to withstand the expansion of the material. At least this is my guess for now.

In general I have nothing so far from the support. I'd say for the moment it is false advertisment and this thing is punishable by law if I am not mistaking.