Close

Hybrid View

Student

Question Send X3G to Printer

Hi all,

I am sure this has been answered before but I couldn't find it with a search.

I know that the FF Creator Pro uses x3g code instead of gcode. Is there any program available that lets me type in gcode and, via usb, send it directly to the printer? I currently use s3d and I do not think that it allows this. I would like to test some things without generating a print job, putting it on a sd card, and selecting it on the printer front panel.

Thanks,

Steven

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Nope not really. It isn't X3G code either, It is Gcode just in a binary x3g file.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    s3d does do that. It will convert gcode to x3g and upload it directly to the sdcard in the printer. Or just send it direct to the printer.

All you need to do is type your gcode in the gcode start section and run a blank print job.

The part of s3d where it shows the gcode it runs to home the printbed, heat the extruders and start the print.

Anything you put in there will run before a print starts. So just print direct as normal and the new start gcode will be processed and sent directly to the printer.

That's the only - and easiest - way i can think to do it :-)

Student
    Thanks Aardvark, I'll try that tonight

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just make sure to back up the working start code first :-)

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    In S3d to get the default starting code you can just reset to default settings.