Close

Best procedure for leveling bed

Hi,

Just got an flashforge pro. The instructions I followed for leveling the bed had me turning one screw at a time then moving to the next position . By the time I had adjusted all 3 screws it felt right to me using the piece of paper method to test the distance to the extruder tip. I printed the .2 test box and the top edges are slightly bowed . So now I want to recalibrate , I read turning 2 screws at a time is preferred. Where should I start and what 2 screws for each position.

Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    One screw at a time is fine. Preheat the build plate, the temp depends on what filament type you will be using. Ideally you want to set the gap with the build plate at the temp you will be printing. There is some part expansion that moves things around a little.

Go to the menu to level and this will bring the build plate up and move the nozzle to the middle. Don't make any adjustments in the middle, just adjust exactly on top of the three screws. The paper should have a little resistance when moving it around, it takes practice to know the right amount and the smallest turn on the knobs goes from not touching at all to way too much. So when you get close you will be turning the knobs just a hair.

After all that is set, any deformities are probably temp related and related to too much or too little filament being extruded.

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    For me, when I first got my printer I was attributing to many problems to bad bed leveling. Once you get a print to lay down and the first few layers come out good then the bed is level. And additional problems you have (warping, lifting, etc) are not related to bed leveling. So look at the first layer or two. If they are good, then move on to checking temperatures and other troubleshooting. Good luck!