Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Ok, tried sending it to the printer, and it did exactly what you said. Loaded onto the printer, the machine moved for a second, then went to the main menu.

There's something sketchy about the file. I've never seen a sliced print do that to the printer.

I took the STL and imported it into Sketchup (sue me lol), and this it what I saw:

That double wall, which is not complete, is probably giving the printer issues. When I sliced at 5% infill, I saw a bunch of weird overhangs within the structure. The Design IS manifold it seems, as that interior void is probably solid, but it's confusing the slicer/printer. Edit the STL to remove any internal structure that shouldn't be there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    Marm, you have been extremely helpful, along with the others, but I really appreciate your effort in this! I'm glad I found this forum; I thought I could learn everything on my own as I go along, but it is really nice having people help out

I can see how this has happened to the model given how TinkerCAD works [primitives and negatives, pretty much], so I'll have to give my model a revamp from the ground up.

I just wish I could make the torus splay out like a brass instrument, so it looks nicer, at least. I have yet to touch blender beyond the tutorials I've seen so I have a ways to go.

In any case, I have a lot more testing to do, now that I have a few ideas as to what could possibly go wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12