Close

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Hybrid View

Technician
    yeah if you are printing ABS at 200C something related with the thermistor settings can be possibly off . make sure you have the Type 1 thermistor under the thermal settings on the configuration.h File .
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
    #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1

also you can try replacing the thermistortables.h File on your firmware for the stock file .if that doesn't help .

Printing with external perimeters first can help getting better outline quality in some situations (straight walls) but i personally dont like it for parts that have overhangs , sometimes if the angle is to high you can end printing on air or can reduce layer adhesion.

also observe if this is happening in all corners or only in layer change or end loops. i have been trying to reduce this blobs playing with the retraction settings and Coast end (distance that the nozzle will stop extruding prior to the end of a loop). a good start can be from 1 mm to 1.80mm at 15mm/s - 20/mms for the retraction. and coast end at 2 mm

Regarding the Roxy's enhancements im running the following firmware .its not the latest but it has the enhancements already implemented . you just need to adjust the settings for your particular configuration . also you can find more info here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-G29-command

here's the repo for Marlin firmware fork for MakerFarm i3v w/ auto bed level & Roxy's enhancements
    https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuete;49281

here's the repo for Marlin firmware fork for MakerFarm i3v w/ auto bed level & Roxy's enhancements
    [URL
    https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin[/URL]
    there are a lot of words there I don't understand. What is a repo? What is a fork?

Technician
    Repo = Repository Fork i guess is because is configured to work with makefarms printers the main settings are already set for makerfarm printers

Also my bad English doesn't help

Engineer-in-Training
    I do not see a setting in slic3r to adjust the infill perimeter overlap. Where is this setting located?

Engineer-in-Training
    So I can just upload that and it should be configured for my Makerfarm printer? Also, can you direct me to the infill overlap setting? i cannot find it in slic3r.

Technician
    my bad i didnt realized that slic3r doesnt give you the option to change solid infill overlaps . Cura and Simplify3d let you change this parameters . but slic3r does give you the option to change you extrusion width for solid infill under print settings / Advanced . you can try reducing the width by 1 or 2 % just to give you an idea .

i didnt play to much with slicer i found cura and simplify3d to be more user friendly.

Engineer-in-Training
    I am in the midst of reading through the enhanced code and came across the thermistor settings in my Colin supplied firmware. It is calling out table 6, not table 1. Should I change this?

Engineer-in-Training TopJimmyCooks's Avatar
    see thread on thermistor tables here:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...rtables-h-data

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks! Great info there. Once I get the new firmware loaded I will just use table 1.

So so I posted this in the other thread too but is may be beneficial to ask here as well. How do you update the firmware?

i have the link to a MakerFarm fork. I have no idea what that is. My understanding is it is specific to the makerfarm kits. There are some settings that get changed and I think I am comfortable with most of them.

My my big question is, what is github? Specifically, what is it from that page I need to download? When I get the firmware from Colin it is in one folder with the arduino in one folder. There are five items in the following link. Which do I download?

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Engineer-in-Training
    Got the ABL to work, with some small issues listed in another thread. I wanted to share this print for guidance on what I need to change. I printed this in Cura and it did not turn out so well. Here are some pics of my settings and the print. Basically it delaminated and there are blobs in the print itself. It stuck good to the bed.

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast