Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What are the differences you notice with the E3D vs the Hexagon?

less jams, mostly

I ordered mine today, so I will be able to help with testing, if you need it, once it shows up.

I have the E3DV6 installed with your revision of the cooling system and everything appears to be ok, except the duct which surrounds the cooling fins seems a little short by just 1-1.5mm. Thank you!

Engineer
    We're trying to get the bottom of that duct to fit between the bottom two fins, so we don't have to use an insulating pad to keep it from melting.

Yup, i shortened it again in the cad program ill upload it when i get home but yeah it should fit between the bottom 2 fins.

Ohh... oops

How did you guys handle the PTFE tube?

Also the part cooling shroud even with kapton tape for insulation on the part closest to the heater block will sag... Im planning to shorten it just past the half moon cutout at the bottom. If needed you still get directed airflow if you carefully break it off after the part starts to sag

It fits ferfectly up a 3mm id extruder. I personally use the makerfarm extruder. You will need to drill the bottom of the extruder to allow for the black rung to recess into the extruder a little

Nice work, guys. I'm working on a version of the double extruder that will allow the use of E3D hot ends, and I'm wondering about airflow. How much does the E3Dv6 actually need? If the 25mm fan is enough to cool one, would it be enough to cool two if the airflow were tightly constrained to the fins? It's enough for the Hexagons, so it seems like it ought to work for the E3Ds, since we're dealing with the same amount of energy and the heat sinks are actually larger.

Also...Are you using 1.75mm filament and feeding it through a PTFE liner?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast