Thanks so much Alibert and Sebastian, and that manual to Sailfish was a total treasure. I ran through the calibration, mostly checking my diameter of my filiment and I used that to print the following test cubes. First one was printed at 10% infill, second one at a 100% infill and infill layerheight of .3mm (is that the layer height or is there another layerheight setting?)

So the 100% infill did not come out at all, rough edges, over hanging...and what confuses me is it is concave, which according to the manual is a sign of under extrusion? Though the pictures on google the rough sides and that look more like over extrusion?

The heat was 200c for pla, and 60 on the build plate. Travel speed 150mms and zaxis 23mm/s (when you say halve the speeds do you mean these as well?) I did halve all the other speeds in the extrusion speeds. I just am not used to recognizing what is going on. Also that best print i got on the vault boy with the replicatorG was done when I said the diameter of the my filament was like 1.82mm ? I got digital calipers and it showed between 160 and 165. I know things were said to be changed in small increments, but not sure where to go as I cannot tell what my cube result is doing if it is over or under? The 10% infill one was pretty nice (tiny bit of concave i.e. the 'walls' were higher than middle and only one slightly gouge this time. Though I am guessing with models with more material (vault boy?) or with more infill like the demo the settings are obviously not right as that test cube didn't come out. So still doing the PLA and just the test cube to nail down a perfect cube, just not sure what this result was? Also it did say the manual to change the feedstockMultiplier of the makerware and I cannot find that anywhere (is this in addition to filament diameter a way to adjust the over/under extrusion?)

One last thing, in regard to the Simplyfy 3D does it really make life that much simpler? Is it because it has the profiles all built in for such a printer? or makes them easier to tweak? It is 150$ and I am curious how the payoff comes?

Here are the pictures....

(Pics with 100% infill working from chapter 5)

P1060948.jpgP1060954.jpgP1060955.jpg

and the first test with the new filament diameter and 10% infill (working from chapter 5)

P1060957.jpg