Close

Page 115 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4110
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    At the moment you can't use a microswiss MK10 conversion. The thermal tubes on the Qidi are bigger around.

I do make a nice extruder mount upgrade that many have, and this is compatible with the Microswiss Conversions. I also have some custom hot blocks that I modify to work on the QIDI. The Qidi uses 5mm threads on the thermocouples. I have to drill and retap bigger threads in my hot blocks. store.wmdproducts.com if you are interested. I am adding some more Qidi parts sometime. I have some build plate plastic like comes with it and some spare thermocouple also.
    I use the Microswiss conversion on my Qidi and it works fine. I have made a couple deviations from Microswiss instructions.
    1. I used a small amount of teflon tape on the threads of the tube that screws into the hotblock to prevent the leakage I was initially getting.
    2. Microswiss instructions suggest a small amount of filing of the cool block hole that the extruder tube goes through. You don't want to do that.
    3. I do use the heat sink compound on the extruder tube going through the cool block.

Your extruder mount conversions have been intriguing me for awhile now.
    How would a downward cooling fan preferably a cage style fan attach to it?

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Qidi uses a MK10 style extruder and uses MK10 nozzles. The latest Wanhaqo also use a MK10 style extruder.
    I concur, they are MK10 nozzles.

Forget this printer then for me as M7x1 is an expensive nozzle whereas the MK8 M6 is a nice price AND a nice selection of sizes to choose from.

Oh, well.

Technologist
    From my experience (which isn't a whole lot) the MK10 nozzle is better than the MK8.

The Makerbot I was fighting with had the MK8 nozzle and it never worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    From my experience (which isn't a whole lot) the MK10 nozzle is better than the MK8.

The Makerbot I was fighting with had the MK8 nozzle and it never worked very well.
    I actually converted my CTC to a MK10 extruder from the extra parts I got from Qidi.
    So both of my printers are using Qidi's MK10 extruders.

What makes them so special as to go from a dollar a piece to 7.50 to 15 a piece?

Qidi sells them for $5.00 shipped but personally I prefer coated nozzles which are even more expensive.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/QIDI-TECHNOL...IAAOSwHnFVgifZ

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Qidi sells them for $5.00 shipped but personally I prefer coated nozzles which are even more expensive.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/QIDI-TECHNOL...IAAOSwHnFVgifZ
    You see there is a lack of diversity with these nozzles. I would love to have a 0.2,0.35,0.4,0.5,0.7,0.8,and a 1mm which I can easily get for a MK8 style. My main go to nozzles are 0.35,0.5,0.8 and 1mm depending and having a dual system I want it even more. For most of my printing a 0.4 is a step down for me.

Technologist
    DarkAlchemist, I don't think the Qidi is the right printer for you. In my opinion the Qidi is a great machine (not perfect) but you keep trying to find reasons that it is bad. I think you are trying to talk yourself out of it so I don't think you should get it. Just my 2 cents.

DarkAlchemist, I don't think the Qidi is the right printer for you. In my opinion the Qidi is a great machine (not perfect) but you keep trying to find reasons that it is bad. I think you are trying to talk yourself out of it so I don't think you should get it. Just my 2 cents.
    Yep, I agree with you it isn't the right printer for me after this information came to light. I prefer a printer where I can easily modify it and change nozzles etc... not one where you are locked in. So, I agree with you 100%

Besides Reprap who uses MK8 nozzles or are they all trying to lock you in with the MK10 stuff now?

edit: I went digging and found this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnI0aeTw9iA

The video is alright but this question, and their reply, is the sort of information I am after and it was only 7-8 hours ago too

aardvarker 8 hours ago
    Thanks for the video. My printer came with the MK10, but I saw some people saying the MK8 is actually better (less stringing, and also cheaper replacement parts). Have you done any comparison between the two? Any insights on which one you prefer? I ended up getting an all metal hotend for the MK10, but still curious about the differences in quality / performance with the MK8.

ToyBuilder Labs 7 hours ago
    +aardvarker The stock MK10 design uses a PTFE tube as the thermal barrier within the filament guide tube, resulting in a reduced melt rate of filament compared to the MK8 design with the stainless thermal barrier tube. You can see this during filament loading, where the same filament at the same temperature will flow a little bit better on the MK8 design. In terms of stringing, there should be little difference between the two once retraction and temperature are properly adjusted. The MK10 hotends do run a little hotter than MK8 hoteneds for their indicated temperatures - so the MK10 may be prone to stringing if you don't lower the temperature. In terms of parts costs, there are far more MK8-compatible replacement nozzles out there (due to its M6 thread which is a very popular thread size for a lot of printer builds. We sell our high lubricity wear-resistant MK8 and MK10 nozzles for the same price though.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-21-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Page 115 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast