Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Well i tried it and did get a prinatable item.

But all the back and forwards in the menu system was confusing, and I could not get my head around how to make the object thicker without changing all the other dimensions as well.
    Also the add hook menu system was almost unuseable and I gacve up on trying to get the loop aligned. Just could not move anything consistently in the direction I wanted.

To be fair I was just trying to turn a black and white drawing into a printable object - I wasn't trying to make a pendant.

And it did sort of do that.

But I think I'll learn how to use inkscape to make dxf files in future. It has to be simpler :-)

Since the app has a linear workflow which uses the design of a classical assistant/wizard, the steps have to be done in a strict order. E.g. changing the height of the object is done in the "Generate The surface" step. At a later point of time (after creating the 3d mesh) a non-uniform scaling (e.g. object thickness) would cause unpleasant deformations.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Well i tried it and did get a prinatable item.

But all the back and forwards in the menu system was confusing, and I could not get my head around how to make the object thicker without changing all the other dimensions as well.
    Also the add hook menu system was almost unuseable and I gacve up on trying to get the loop aligned. Just could not move anything consistently in the direction I wanted.

To be fair I was just trying to turn a black and white drawing into a printable object - I wasn't trying to make a pendant.

And it did sort of do that.

But I think I'll learn how to use inkscape to make dxf files in future. It has to be simpler :-)