Close

Hybrid View

One of the designs I made is a set of interlinking blocks and I'm wondering how the stl will work if objects overlap in 3d space. I don't have my printer yet and haven't played with any slicing software.

A snap-to-grid feature would also be really helpful as I wouldn't mind everything snapping to 1mm or 0.25 mm for example.
    Last edited by innovestment; 06-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by innovestment View Post
    One of the designs I made is a set of interlinking blocks and I'm wondering how the stl will work if objects overlap in 3d space. I don't have my printer yet and haven't played with any slicing software.

A snap-to-grid feature would also be really helpful as I wouldn't mind everything snapping to 1mm or 0.25 mm for example.
    Hey Innovestment,

Without seeing your model it's hard to predict exactly how it will print. As you probably know, 3D modeling for 3D printing is its own art form. Many factors have to be taken into account and often models need to be adjusted for optimal 3D printing. For instance, check out this phone/business card holder we made in Morphi. We designed the model one way but later adjusted it for printing, with great results.

On grid snapping, we tried to keep it simple in our first version of Morphi so we have not included full scale snap to grid settings. Of course, we can re-look at this for the next version if it makes sense. We do have a simple flat on grid button which allows users to select a floating object or group of objects and press that button to have the floating object or group sit directly on the grid. With each press, the object or group can be rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks again for your comments and hope this is helpful!

The Inventery

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg