Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morphi Intuitive 3D Design App

Morphi just released their application on the iTunes store yesterday. The app aims to simplify 3D modeling and design so that virtually anyone can learn to be a designer. The app features design tutorials, and a very simple, yet powerful user interface. It comes with a library of of 3D models which users can use and modify, or allows users to purchase additional 3d models via the application. More details are in the article here: http://3dprint.com/4664/morphi-3d-app/ Check out the video below giving an overview of this 3D modeling app.

Doesn't seem to be available in the UK yet.

I just tried it out and it seems to work as a simple introduction though for some reason the STL file it said it emailed to me hasn't shown up yet. I don't really use the iPad email much so can't say if it's an iPad problem or something with this app. The set of basic shapes you can use include simple things like sphere and box but many are greyed out (meaning I guess that they are available for purchase). You can also place letters though every letter after C is greyed out. For this reason, this appears to be more of a demo than a usable app in its totally free state.

Perhaps the objects are cheap. I didn't check. The reason is that I just used Tinkercad before this and was able to have a simple idea, save it as an an STL and view it in Meshlab in a couple minutes.

If anyone has other questions, I can load it up and check but for now I'm going to learn how to better use Tinkercad. (Got a Makerfarm i3v, my first printer, coming in a week or so .

Student
    Hi Innovestment,

This is The Inventery, maker of Morphi 3D. Thanks so much for your question.

Please let us know if your STL file was able to be sent through to your email. Sometimes it takes a little while to export a file depending on your Internet connection, the size of your file and other factors.

The greyed out shapes and text are sold as one pack for $3.99. You can access them by dragging a shape to the grid and the payment box will pop up. Once you pay for them, they appear like regular shapes on your iPad. This is not a demo - it's fully functional.

The shapes are different from what is currently offered by other basic modeling programs and many of them have hidden features, like adding additional sides to a shape or allowing you to bend certain shapes at an angle. For example, you can take the prism shape and turn it into an octagon. It's also easy to quickly rotate and position these shapes using the 90 degree button - you can rotate a shape at 90 degree increments and quickly place it. You can check out the guides (11 short videos) in the app which will tell you a little about the app's tools and how you can use them. http://www.morphiapp.com/guide/ You can also access these guides directly in the app by pressing the Guide button on the upper left corner of the app.

I hope we answered your questions. The app is new and we're here to help so please let us know if you have any more questions!

Student
    Hi 3dkarma,

Thanks so much for your post. Morphi is being sold globally in all App stores. We've had many downloads in the UK so we're not sure what the problem could be. Maybe search Morphi or The Inventery directly in the App store on your iPad. Please let us know if you are still having issues finding it.

Student
    Hi Brian,

Wow, thanks so much for this post! We're looking forward to helping everyone better understand Morphi's tools and features and we can't wait to see all the cool things people will make in the app.

We're just getting started...but feel free to check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morphi/1417982658460804, Instagram http://instagram.com/morphiapp# and Twitter https://twitter.com/MorphiApp

Super Moderator
    Are there any plans to port this to Android?

Student
    Hey Compro01,

Yes, our Android version is in development! We hope to release that in the next few months or earlier if possible. We'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Inventery View Post
    Please let us know if your STL file was able to be sent through to your email. Sometimes it takes a little while to export a file depending on your Internet connection, the size of your file and other factors.

The greyed out shapes and text are sold as one pack for $3.99. You can access them by dragging a shape to the grid and the payment box will pop up. Once you pay for them, they appear like regular shapes on your iPad. This is not a demo - it's fully functional.
    Thank you Inventery for your reply. I did get the STL after a few minutes. It was going through a yahoo address on the iPad so probably Yahoo was being slow.

The STL file did look good as well. $3.99 is definitely worth it if it can even help me make one object more easily. I'll check out the video to see what I can learn from it. If it makes sense it'll be nice to be able play around when only the iPad is available. Usually I use Android devices but the family quite likes the iPad and I do appreciate the extra effort app developers like yourself take to make things easy in that platform.

A few more questions, do you have a forum for the app? Since you just released the app, what has the response been like so far? Finally, was the Parthenon-like model actually crated in the app?
    Last edited by innovestment; 05-30-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Ok, I bought the app and after playing around with it a bit more and Tinkercad, I have to say it has some nice features. Being able to subtract any shape from any other is great. As a test I wanted to build a small round bottle similar to what one would see holding a potion in a game. This involves subtracting one sphere from another, a hollow cylinder and a little donut for the lip on the bottle. Once I get it done I'll try to post it somewhere. With a quick search I did find this one (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208592) that is almost completely doable in Morphi, the only hard part would be the dent in the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast