Close

Thread: Windows 10

Hybrid View

Engineer
    the update thing from what i am told is only for home users. so if your running the home edition everything will update in the background automatically. you will have no choice. if your on the pro or enterprise edition you can opt out of or delay updates for i think 8 mos. you can basically be on an 8 month slower release schedule so any bugs with updates are worked out before you see them. i used to like windows, then i went to a mac and like it so much better. i still have 3 windows machines though that use daily and i can say what they have done with it its definitely alot better. alot of nice features. i think the apps have gotten a little too clean though if you ask me. they eliminate almost all buttons so you look at an app and have no idea what do do because there is nothing to click on. well atleast not like it used to be. its a good os though. much better than all the past ones. i havent found any bugs or apps that dont work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    the update thing from what i am told is only for home users. so if your running the home edition everything will update in the background automatically. you will have no choice. if your on the pro or enterprise edition you can opt out of or delay updates for i think 8 mos.
    In principle I disagree with this (Microsoft's approach). Look at the 3D printing world, any product that takes from a consumer's freedom to chose ends up badly for the consumer. Makerbot, Da Vinci, 3D Systems, Stratasys, to name the common names. Its the reason why other brands thrive.

I use Windows 7 which I think is amazing. I have it on 3 of my 4 PCs, the last having Windows 8, Not a fan of 8. But if 10 will restrict how I use my own PC then I won't upgrade.

First prize would be to run Linux but that doesn't support my CAD software.